Kiba's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To My forum! This is Kiba! In this forum you can role play or just have fun posting in forums!

(REALISTIC STORY) The Life Of A Snake

Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

(REALISTIC STORY) The Life Of A Snake Empty (REALISTIC STORY) The Life Of A Snake

Post by Tsume Mon 10 Aug - 20:54

Feedback is accepted, please comment. I might ask for a character once, but no promises. This is a story of a snake who is mis-understood and is looking for adventure.
    Chapter One:
    I slithered slowly across the reeds. I flicked my tongue in and out of my mouth. Fwit! Fwit! Was the noise it made. I stopped. I continued to flick my tongue in and out. Fwit Fwit Fwit! I used my vision to help me. I saw with heat. Anything alive would be red,orange, and yellow. Anything dead or not living would be blue,green, or purple. Hot things were red,orange, and yellow, I usually judged if things were dead or alive that way. Cold things were blue,green, or purple, and that was what I usually used to judge if something was dead. Things that were alive but not, such as plants, were, dark colors. I saw a small bundle of heat scutter around the reeds. I slowly approached it. Then I lunged out, Fang revealed, and heard a soft squeal as my fangs pierced the mouses skin and injected venom. I held it that way for a few more seconds, then swallowed it whole. Snakes can unhinge their jaws to get bigger, to swallow large prey. I relaxed for a bit, then moved on, back to my hole. The farmer walked past me, and saw me, but left me alone. Rattlesnakes, like me, usually hung around places like this. Farmers liked that because we killed the mice and rats that eat the crops. Out reward was lots of food. I slithered down into the darkness of my underground burrow. It was an old fox den, but I chased out the fox and took it as my own home.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

(REALISTIC STORY) The Life Of A Snake Empty Re: (REALISTIC STORY) The Life Of A Snake

Post by Tsume Mon 7 Sep - 22:07

Chapter 2:
    My snake senses told me that something was near. I used my scent to detect it. I turned and stuck my head out of the burrow. A baby fox was scuttering towards me. I reared up and showed my fangs, and waved back and forth, back and forth. It curiously took a step forward. I hissed. Then the mother came running out. She hissed at me and lunged. I dodged. She turned to face me. Her face was curled into a snarl. I jarred forward and bit her limb. She squealed in pain, and writhed in my grip. I injected venom then slithered away. I watched as she limped into the den, her cub following. She will soon die of it, I thought. But the cub won't. How wil it survive?

[Two weeks later, in the winter.]

I slithered down the narrow mouse hole. I found two small, scrawny white mice huddled together, sleeping. I opened my jaws quietly and killed them both. I swallowed them quickly. I went back outside. I was reluctant to get out of the warm hole, but it would just feel colder if I did. I slithered around and I heard a small, squealing noise. I followed it to my old den. I slithered inside to see the dub wailing, sitting over his dead mother. Her limb was swollen and purple, the venom ad done her in. I looked up. The cub continued to wail in fright. It hasn't done anything wrong. I realized. It will be easy to take care of. I slithered towards it. It stopped wailing as it cringed in fear. I curled my coils around him and lay down. Once he realized I was no threat, he settled down.

The next morning, he was wailing not in grief, but for food. There were many mice here, and the meal I ate yesterday would keep me fed for a week. I slithered outside and tasted the air. I followed the smell to a rat. It had no diseases, so I lunged. I did not inject venom, I killed it by biting it's neck. If I injected venom, the fox cub would die eating it. So it had no venom in it when I brought it back. I laid it in front of the cub, who ate it without hesitation. Then he laid down and relaxed. I stayed with him, and we slept the rest of the day.

Current date/time is Sun 19 May - 21:04