Kiba's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To My forum! This is Kiba! In this forum you can role play or just have fun posting in forums!

2 posters

Dreamland Roleplay

Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Dreamland Roleplay Empty Dreamland Roleplay

Post by Tsume Thu 9 Aug - 21:30

WARNING! NOT WHAT YOU THINK! JUST READ THE WHOLE THING

Alrighty, so this is basically Dreamland. A giant city where anything is possible. You cannot enter or leave Dreamland, for the sake of the RP. There is a door leading outside, but for the RP, do not use it. It has a secret passcode anyway. You were born in Dreamland, so were your parents, etc. etc.

ANYWAY it's just a massive city with tons of fun, there is no bad part of town. It's like a child's dream. Hence the name, haha.
    But.. there are strange people entering Dreamland, robbers, murderers, etc. Nobody knows how they get in(literally, nobody) because the door is enchanted to prevent this. But they are wrecking havoc on the city.

However, no guns, ammunition, ice picks or any other manner of killing will work, for the mysterious people sneaking in town are invincible, and nobody knows their secret. It is rumored they have a weakness but no one knows what it is. (I have a plan for the weakness, so please do not 'figure it out'. Nor say you know somebody who does know, Because nobody does. )

So basically, I was thinking, a couple of posts of normal Dreamland life, then when I give the signal(trust me, you will know when the signal is) we can let the evil people sneak in.(by that I mean then the fun begins) I do this because it has to happen at a certain time.

I put all the nobody knows stuff and all that because I made a similar RP before, on another website of course, and this one user messed up the entire plan with their posts.

JOBS
    You can obviously have jobs other than this, just giving you some ideas.

Peacekeeper(lol hunger games)- they're kinda like a clown, they go around cheering up others and breaking up fights, etc.

Guard- one per generation, just stands watching the door to Dreamland. Knows passcode but passcode hasn't been used since the creation of Dreamland.

Gifter- this person goes around giving gifts to people randomly. The government gives them free money(it's dreamland, ok?! xD) and they buy gifts for whomever.

Soother- calms down people who have had nightmares. Nightmares in Dreamland is like getting possessed, so yeah xD

ANYWAY,
    Here's the form

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Appearance: [/b]
    [b]Personality:[/b]
    [b]Backstory(their life and job in Dreamland):[/b]
    [b]Anything and everything you want to include:[/b]

Name: No one knows, they just refer to her as that person who looks at the door all day. Or 'The Guard'
    Appearance: This hat thing, basically that Russian kind of uniform. Has never been seen without uniform. Her facial features, EXCEPT without eye makeup and stuff. Only wears that on special occasions.
    Personality: Nobody knows. Almost always silent. Only speaks when motioning does not suffice, and even then, it's always just a few words.
    Backstory(their job in Dreamland): The guard, stands at the door and watches, through the night and into the morning, waiting for something to come in.. Yeah... Boring xD Occasionally marches around town.
    Anything and everything you want to include: Has a gun. Almost never uses because it's never needed. When there is a military meeting she's usually called upon, just because she's the only one who knows the code to the door.
    Theme song- Nobody by Eliza Doolite

(Yeah, this is a pretty weird RP, but trust me, it's gonna get cool if you just go along with it xD)

Last edited by Tsume on Sat 11 Aug - 7:33; edited 1 time in total
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Dreamland Roleplay Empty Re: Dreamland Roleplay

Post by LikeAB0SS Fri 10 Aug - 13:46

Name: Phoebe Night

Appearance: http://www.greenwallpaper.org/backgrounds/green-woman-329798.jpeg
    And is usually wearing something like this - http://www.topnotchtrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/music.jpg - http://www.leathericon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Leather-Outfits.jpg

Personality: Her soul burn with a feisty fire, though she usually keeps to herself. She's full of personality, and she's very serious. When someone gets to know her, they see her playful side. She has a kind heart and she's down to earth from what her customers say when they come to the shop.

Backstory(their life and job in Dreamland): She's been alone her entire life living with her grandmother after her parents died during a car crash when one of the mysterious people came in a while ago. Her grandmother passed away of old age when she turned eighteen, leaving her a bookshop to manage. So she works at the bookshop during the day and closes shop around the time the sun goes down so she can go see it set up on the roof, and then rise in the morning before she opens shop.

Anything and everything you want to include: She has a pet snow leopard she found on her roof when it was just a cub. She named it Silver after the color of his eyes. He's full grown, and bigger than the average snow leopard by half a foot, being six and a half feet long. He loves to eat her chips and lap up her soda even though he's not supposed to. She lets him wander around the store, but when it's time to lock up she sends him upstairs to the apartment above the store where she lives.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RrujjPakdIo/Tw8ah3nieBI/AAAAAAAAE0c/bwR5tnE-ZBQ/s1600/Snow-Leopard.jpg -
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/The_Temple_Bar_-_Temple_Bar_corner_Temple_Lane_South_-_Dublin_-_Republic_of_Ireland.JPG

(Ignore how it says Temple Bar, I've gone there, and this is just what I picture the book shop looking like x] )
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Fri 10 Aug - 14:08

I sat in the comfortable wooden chair, the many years of use had softened the dark wood. I took a sip of my gray tea, watching the colors on the horizon blend together in the darkness as the coming sun started to rise. Sil laid down next to me, his big head on his front fuzzy paws, his tail swishing back and forth.

I pulled my knees up to my chest on the chair, my black sweats keeping in the heat. I pulled at my crew neck dark evergreen top, fixing it so it didn't pull on me. My eyes watched patiently like they did every morning. The darkness started to lighten to a violet, then indigos mixing with green and yellow, lightening to a fiery orange, then a bold red. Pink swirled through all the colors, like paint on a canvas, the colors worked with the others.

I pulled in a mouthful of tea, letting it swirl around my tongue before swallowing down the hot brew, warming my core. Sil let out a growl of a yawn, his long and sharp teeth flashing at me before they disappeared behind his muzzle, his red and pink tongue darting out.

I sighed, downing the rest of my tea and getting up, stretching out and looking down at Sil. "Alright, lazyass. Get up, we've got to get ready to open shop." With a sniff, Sil got up to his feet slowly and stretched, his paws going out and his ass sticking up in the air. His claws extended, grabbing at the concrete of the rooftop.

I walked to the door on the roof, holding it open so he could bound down the swirling circular steps, shaking my head at his sudden burst of energy as I closed the door silently behind me.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Fri 10 Aug - 19:31

(Awesome XD Uh, just wanted to say, the evil people have never been to Dreamland before, though, so could Phoebe's parents die in a normal car accident?(I SOUND SO CRUEL xD) Accidents still happen in Dreamland, they're just rare I guess. The evil dudes will show up in like two posts, so you won't have to wait long.)

I watched the door silently. Sun up with no kinks. Perfect. I decided to march around town a little, to warm up.

My boots echoed through the streets, I knew of only few up at this hour. Perhaps I would stop at the bookstore. I worked my way down the streets, pausing at Phoebe's bookstore. I saw her inside, and nodded silently, before moving on.

In roughly 15 minutes(or something, I imagine Dreamland to be a small town) I had ended up back at the door. I resumed my post, watching the door silently. It was an honor to be a Guard, but sometimes I wondered what life would be like if I weren't one. I would be able to settle down and have kids, and perhaps even get a pet of some sort. I knew Phoebe had a snow leopard.

I focused on memorizing the passcode. I had roughly 16 years to memorize it, and I had done so perfectly. I remembered my first day as guard, I was only 5, and my mentor was with me. He died, sadly, from old age, right when I turned 7. Thank goodness he had told me the passcode already.

I wrote it down for a short period of time- strictly forbidden- and ever since then it's been embedded deep in my head. The people across the street from where I guarded woke up, and I silently watched them.

Silence silence silence. It came with everything I did. For a reason no one could know, a reason I could never fully tell them.
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Sat 11 Aug - 3:51

(OH! Mmmmkay, yeah, normal car accident. (Omigosh, that does sound cruel xDDD ))

The Guard woman walked into my shop, the first customer of the day. She didn't buy anything, though, just walked around. Sil purred as he sat on the counter-top, his tail swishing back and forth on the wall of the counter, his eyes following her around the shop with a playful gleam in his eyes.

I sent the large white cat a look that said, 'Behave.' And rolled my eyes, straightening out my black leather jacket and loose cream camisole. My "booty" shorts moved with my body as I opened up the rest of the shop. I didn't bother with a name-tag, everybody knew who I was.

I paid the Guard no attention, I let her wander around and browse freely, not bothering her. She comes in here often enough, it was comfortable with her around. Sil came up behind me with a book ensnared in his jaws, his purring picked up. I looked down at him, grabbing the book and looking at the spine, opening it up and ready through a paragraph. It was a paranormal/sci-fi so I walked over to the aisle over and put it in it's right place, looking down at Sil, petting the fur between his ears at the back of his head just above his neck.

"Good kitty." I cooed, gently tugging on his ear. I looked up at the bell chime above the door, the Guard had left. I wondered if she got lonely, just like me. Nobody wanted to be with a girl whose parents were killed in an accident, rare enough occurrence. They looked at me with sympathy and sadness, I hated those looks the most out of all of them. I didn't need sympathy or their sadness, it had happened a long time ago.

The bell chimed above the door again, and a flow of customers came into the shop. I smiled at them all, stretching my back as I looked down at Silver. "Go on, Sil. Greet the customers." His purring stopped as he looked up at me like, 'I don't feel like talking to people.'

I rolled my eyes, "Stingy kitty." And went to the desk in the corner by the door, getting ready for the first of the day.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Sat 11 Aug - 4:00

( xD Yeah. Just another notice, the name is kinda misleading, there are still the occasional robberies and such, they're just really rare I guess Very Happy And there are still drugs, but somehow, MAGICALLY, people don't die from overdosing and being stupid and running in front of cars... They're still illegal but yeah xD)

I stood, watching a group of kids across the street, huddled suspiciously. I switched my rifle to one hand, slamming the butt of it against the ground. It echoed over to them. Their heads peeked up. I extended my hand, making a 'come hither' motion. They shuffled over to me. I made the motion again, silently telling them to hand over whatever they were trading. The kid blushed and shrugged. I frowned, making a 'turn around' motion with my finger. He did.

My white gloved hand reached into his back pocket, pulling out a few blunts. I tapped his shoulder and he turned back around. I showed him the blunts, with a brisk shake of my head, and returned my hand to my side, the blunts still held in it.

They scurried away, whilst I dropped the blunts to the ground and smashed them with my boot. This was probably going to be the most interesting thing that happened today.

(If I have to say the word 'blunts' one more time... xD SPOILER! The exciting stuff happens in my next post, so you can keep your post short if you want and not feel guilty.. I always do when I make short posts x3 Feel guilty, that is)
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Sat 11 Aug - 4:09

(It's fineeeee! x] )

The sun was half-way up in the sky, bright and hot streaming in through my windows. The flow of customers became stronger, I had a lot more in here than I did ever. I smiled at Sil who lounged in the front of the store, basking in the sun on the side-walk.

I decided to open the door all the way and hold it open with a little metal mouse door-stop. It looked like the mouse was holding the door open, it was adorable.

I looked up at a customer who came to the register behind the door, smiling and handing me the same book I had put back earlier. "If there are any teeth marks in the book cover, I apologize. I didn't really look it over." They cackled and walked out, petting Silver as they were outside before heading off.

I sat on my stool behind the counter and picked up the book I was reading, keeping a close watch on the store in my peripheral vision. It was quite an impressive store, Streep Lamp. Though, people didn't even call it that, they just said, "Phoebe's store" most of the time. Or something like, "I'm heading over to Phoebe's." I was fine with it though, that meant people were familiar with me, and as long as I had a flow of customers just like a barbecue shop, then by all means, come by and see me.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Sat 11 Aug - 4:15

I watched the door intently. Some people wondered, why guard it, if nobody can get in and only The Guard knows the passcode? It was all for a reason I couldn't share, even if I wanted to.

I blinked, there was something in my eye. I put my rifle in my left hand, reaching up two fingers to rub at my eye. I blinked again, now there was something in both of my eyes. I rubbed furiously, until I heard screams from behind me.

I whipped around, letting my vision clear. A dark clothed man was approaching a group of people, holding a knife menacingly. I rushed over, swinging my rifle at him. It slipped through his head with no resistance. Like he was a ghost.

He swung around, knife extended, and I gasped, clutching my mid section. He sliced straight through my uniform and through my skin. I ignored the pain, marveling at how quickly my snow white glove stained crimson, and lifted my rifle. I aimed it at his head, pulling the trigger. It zipped through, not even leaving a mark. I heard it ricochet off a pole.

He snatched my rifle from me, it easily slipped through my blood soaked hand. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was the butt of the rifle coming towards my head.

I woke up, the pain hitting me immediately. My midsection ached and I had a splitting headache. I clutched my head, groaning.

The general pacing the room stopped, turning to face me. "You're awake?" I nodded, giving him a look. He sat down in the chair next to my hospital bed. I just noticed I was only wearing a hospital gown, and I blushed- that meant they had to undress me.

"What happened? How come you didn't see him? Why couldn't you defeat him? Did you even try to attack him?"

I sighed. He repeated his questions one by one. "How come you didn't see him?" I pointed at my eye, then began rubbing it. Then I rubbed both of my eyes. Then I turned my head, as if turning around. I held out my arms, telling him it was only then I noticed him. "Did you try to attack him?" he asked. I nodded. "Why couldn't you, then?" I sighed, thinking of how to explain. I held up one hand, all my fingers together. I pointed another finger at it, like a bullet, and made it go towards the hand. Just before it hit it, my middle and ring finger separated, letting the bullet go through. I shrugged, palms up. I had no clue either.

He rubbed his forehead. "Why can't you just talk to me? Why do you never talk?" They had asked me this question a few times when I started, but I only answered in silence, as I did now. No shrug, no smile, no nod or shake, nothing.

"Well, you'll be back at your post tomorrow. Keep an eye out for them." I nodded. I could feel thick gauze surrounding my midsection, and on my head too. Back to Guarding tomorrow. The most break I ever got was a day... Better rest while I could. Tomorrow afternoon I would be at my post again.

(If you couldn't tell.. I'm a cheater and this was snipped from the story that inspired the RP... Sad to say I only got to chapter 3 xD And each chapter was like, only 700 characters long... Phail haha)
    (PS You can have 'them'(the bad guys) attack wherever and whenever you want and do whatever you want)
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Sat 11 Aug - 4:44

(Mmmmkay! And nah, I didn't notice it xD )

There came a screaming from outside. I put down my book immediately and jumped over the counter, Silver watched wide eyes, his mouth open in a low growl, his shoulders bunched and hair on end. He looked menacing, to say the least, I only saw that look when he meant business.

I looked up to see the Guard fighting off some guy. Violence never occurred in Dreamland. I watched in anger as the bullet went right through him, shocking me. He reached out, taking the gun and striking her across the head. Her head snapped back as she crumpled to the ground. I paid no attention to the guy as he disappeared. Sprinting over to her, I noticed the blood that was pooling out of her midsection and onto the ground. I cursed, someone nearby gasping at the word. My head snapped up, "What? Don't tell me, 'it's a bad word.' Yeah, so what? It's a word. Get over it." They gulped and backed away from me.

Silver snarled and growled at the people around us, telling us to give us space. I put pressure on her wound, my hands coating in her crimson life force. I grimaced, ripping open her unicorn carefully so as not to expose all of her. The cut was clean, it wasn't jagged, and it only looked to have ripped the skin, not any organs, as I carefully pulled the skin back as gently as I could to examine.

I know, it's horrible that I did that, though I didn't know how else to tell if her organs had been pierced. With a siren, a medic arrived, I looked up at him, "It's a clean cut, straight through the skin only. None of her internal organs were pierced. She might have some head trauma, she was struck across the temple with the butt of her gun, that's why she's knocked out cold." I gestured at her.

He gave me a wink as the others carefully picked her up and put her on a stretcher. "Thanks, Phoebe." He smiled at me. I gave him a bloody thumbs up. Crude, I know.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Sat 11 Aug - 4:56

(VOLDEMORT! Y U RIP OPEN MY UNICORN! lol accidentally clicked c instead of f? Happens to me all the time xD Hope you don't mind I'm going back to morning over here, you can RP what happened to your afterward and stuff of course.. Yeah.. Awkward silence...)

I marched to the door, standing in the same spot I had for 16 years.. It never got old, the thrill of knowing you could protect everyone in town. It was just.. It got boring when you realized that there was nothing to defend against. Until now.

A few more occurrences of these strange people popped up later in the day and throughout the night. They weren't coming in through the for, but somehow they were, and they were messing up the Dreamland we all knew and loved.

I watched the door intently, if there was a time to do my job right, it was now. The outline of the door was clearly visible, so I would see if anybody got in through cracks or whatnot. It was impossible to climb over the door, impossible to dig under it, impossible to go through it unless you used the passcode, which hadn't been used since the creation of the city.

I narrowed my eyes, blinking as fast as possible to eliminate any chance of someone slipping in. I saw a blur of movement in the corner of my eye. Another person was sneaking in! It was a women, but she looked sneaky and deadly, armed with a sword.

I silently followed her, marveling at how she could walk through anything without having it affect her- but when she wanted something to react to her touch, it did. At one point she looked back, and I was a bit too slow to duck behind a box. We rushed at each other.

I shot at the hilt of the sword, it fell from her hand. Aha. So their weapons were affected.. She leapt for me and we tumbled to the ground, wrestling. It was unfair, she could punch me but my fists passed harmlessly through her.

One minute she was there, the next, poof. I stood shakily. Her sword had disappeared too. I had no idea why she had left, but she did..

I marched back to my post, readying myself for the next one to appear. It was going to be a day full of defending, but not in the heroic way I had imagined it..
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Sat 11 Aug - 5:08

The medics had took her away, we went back to the shop and I cleaned up. Silver watched the front door, my protector he is. He might just be guarding his home instead of me but at least he was doing something. I kept the shop open, though the flow of customers dimmed.

It was closing time and I closed shop, going up to the roof with a cup of gray tea as I always done, watching the sun set with Silver. I hoped the Guard was okay.

The next morning I got up and watched the sun appear in the sky, today I put earbuds in, listening to rhythmic beats that both calmed me and put me in a good mood. It fit the morning, somehow.

(HERP! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2RlV6cteiA )

I didn't really feel like talking to people today. I don't really like people. I scowled at the sunrise, taking another sip of my tea. Plaster on a smile, Phoebe.

I've had lots of practice in that area to master it. The day rose into the sky, Sil and I went downstairs to the apartment. I went over and opened all the large windows, letting in the fresh, crisp air. Taking in a lungful, I got dressed and ready, making myself some butter toast before I went downstairs.

I opened up the shop and got to work.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Sat 11 Aug - 5:20

By mid afternoon(you can RP stuff in-between as you wish, this applies to all posts Razz) I had gotten 3 more people. It was strange, they followed the same pattern- disappearing mid fight. Some of them went straight for trouble, others were more discreet.

All I knew is that it was my job to stop them. I had two black eyes, but us Dreamlanders(idk) knew these 'ghost people' fought dirty. I hoped anyway.

I groaned as another guy snuck in, he looked average, except for the Glock he carried. I didn't even bother stalking him, just shot at the barrel so it was a useless weapon. He stared at me, charging, tossing his gun behind him. His distance gave me enough time to put down my rifle and roll up my sleeves.

Another hit and run, he and his gun vanished. I rubbed my forehead, before a squeal from behind me distracted me. I turned, a man was trying to kill a small child, reaching for his throat with a knife. I charged, pulling the weapon from him. Except this time it fell from my hands. They were learning. I put myself between him and the child, but he left. The wimp.

I checked to make sure the child was alright. This as becoming too much. They were coming faster and faster, and bringing some form of different, ghost weapon. They were invincible. I reloaded my rifle, preparing myself for the next guy.

It was a bit hard, considering I wasn't yelling 'Halt criminal!' which usually bought some time. I think, that's what happened with the movies and all.

Each fight brought more knowledge, but with each new thing I held against them, they found a loophole. Looks like I was going to be doing quite a bit of work today.
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Sat 11 Aug - 10:21

All my customers that usually came in didn't. My brow furrowed as I eyed the empty store. I had to have at least one. Though, none came. I turned to the small television to see the news.

"Recent disturbances in the community have arisen suspicion and chaos. At this time, the authorities are not releasing information, we will keep you posted until then." Kim the anchorwoman reported from the desk, shuffling her papers as she looked at the camera, a frown on her face.

I knew exactly what they were talking about.

Disturbances? There's more than one of those monsters coming into town then. With that, I shut off the TV, went upstairs to the apartment to pack two sandwiches, and closed the shop for the rest of the night, the sun setting in the sky.

I headed towards the Gate where I knew the Guard would be standing. Sure enough, there she was, fighting off another one. In the middle of the fight, it disappeared, poof. Silver growled behind me, shoulders bunched as he followed me. I ran up to the Guard as fast as I could, before the sun could set all the way. I haven't missed a single sunrise or set, and I wasn't going to miss one now, the evil ones coming into town be damned.

I hurried before more could come, giving the haggard looking Guard a sandwich I had in my hands. "Here. Eat it quickly before any more can come." With that, she took the sandwich and scarfed it down. I handed her a water and she downed that too.

I grinned at her, "Sorry! I have to go! I have to go take care of something. Come by later if you can. See you!" I winked, and with that, I sprinted back to the bookstore into my apartment, up to the rooftop to see the setting rays of the sun.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Sat 11 Aug - 20:09

I nodded and waved, turning back to the door. It was impossible to track them all down.. But I tried.

As I was watching the door through half-lidded eyes, a group of police officers came by. Although I technically had more authority than them, Guards generally never had a chance to really do anything, so it was considered null. They did sort of fight normal crimes if they came upon them, but all those petty crimes? Police.

They approached me, and I stood a little straighter. "Guard," One of them began. I nodded. "We have a message for you." They handed me a parchment, a little old fashioned, but it got the job done I guess. It was from the mayor.

"Guard of the 42nd generation,

You are hereby ordered to not pursue any ghostly threat. Do not attempt to harm or disturb their advances. "

It continued like this, addressing any loopholes I might find. Some I didn't even consider loopholes at all. At the end, it was signed by the mayor.

I handed the parchment back to the officers, nodding. After they left, I groaned and rubbed my forehead. This wasn't justice! However, I couldn't disobey direct orders from the mayor. 'It is a waste of time and resources.' What other thing would I do? Perhaps they were concerned I might die, but not because of me, but because they wouldn't have another Guard.

Somewhere along the line, being a Guard became less and less of a security thing and more and more of a cultural thing. What little knew was that being a Guard wasn't a choice of morals and physique, but it was a bloodline. The genes for being a Guard were strange, and some might consider them a bit cruel, but it was just DNA. Guards were physically unable to sleep, unless unconscious. Their eyes were more hydrated than normal people's, giving them the ability to blink less often. Stuff like that.

There were, at maximum, 2 people at a time who had the genes, usually a grandfather and grandson. Currently, I was the only one with the blood, but if I ever had kids, then my grandkids would have them, as the genes skipped a generation.

Well, it was night. I had time. I might as well visit Phoebe. I stopped by town hall, they had a hall of lockers to contain law official's belongings. Mine had a dry erase board and a dry erase marker, for obvious reasons. An extra uniform too, but I had only ever used it once(about cleanliness.. Uhh. It's Dreamland, anything is possible! xD Literally anything). A bag with some personal stuff, and casual wear, which I had never touched since I bought them. I wondered if they would still fit. I grabbed the dry erase stuff, and marched to Phoebe's bookstore. I knocked on the door, peering inside. Was she asleep? I hoped not, because then I would've been disrupting her rest. A rest that I would never be able to experience.

(Whoooaaaa that was long. Also sorry if I don't reply around 9 or 10 and onward, I'm streaming some art and then I have to go to a barbecue, but I will definitely check at night again. Very Happy Most likely 4 or 5 at night I'll check again. And this is converting to your timezone, so yeah xD)
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Sun 12 Aug - 15:19

I heard a faint knocking at the front of the store while I stocked it up with new books I found in the back whenever someone delivered whilst listening to music. I had gotten seven new shipments, I was still awake so might as well stock them all up. I pulled my earbuds out of my head as they had blocked the noise a little bit, Justice's Genesis still blasting through the tiny buds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThKNt-GY1ww HAPPY!

When I got to my feet, I saw Sil out of my corner of my eye, his eyes were locked on the front door, tail swishing back and forth as he purred. I walked around the aisle to find the Guard peering in through the front, her eyes finding mine. She nodded at me and gave a small wave. I smiled at her, putting down the books I had in my hands and briskly walked ot the front, grabbing the keys from my pocket and shoving it in Kinky to the keyhole, unlocking the front and opening the door wide, stepping back and gesturing for her to come in.

She nodded at me, walking past me and into the store, looking around.

"Make yourself comfortable anywhere, I was just stocking up. I'm a little bit of a night owl so don't worry about interrupting rest or anything." She nodded.

She wasn't a woman of many words, I got that, but just in that nod, and the way her eyes spoke, I understood something was bothering her, even the way she stood.

"Are you alright? Something looks like it's bothering you, and it's not just the fact that those people coming in are harming Dreamland."
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Sun 12 Aug - 18:50

(XD)

I spotted a chair nearby, I think it was for bored little kids whose parents made them come with them to buy books. I never really knew what they were for. I sat down in it anyway, rubbing my temple. She pulled up another chair, facing me and waiting for an answer.

Setting the dry erase board in my lap, I began to write.

'Not only are they ruining Dreamland, I can't do a thing about it. The police came by and the Mayor said to not interfere with them.' I suddenly realized something, and scribbled more down. 'It all sounds fishy. I think there might be a connection with them and someone on the inside.. I don't know, I barely have any evidence, but I might look into it later.'

I handed it to her, awaiting a response. (I don't want my post to be too short, so in your post you can describe what Phoebe thinks of it, since I have no clue how she'd react xD)

When she handed it back, I erased it all and wondered if I should really write down what I was about to.. Oh, it was going to end up public information at some point, might as well be now.

'They haven't just been directly attacking. They've been poisoning certain foods.. Especially at that butcher store, I'm not sure of the name. Be careful where you eat. How was your day?'

I passed it over, leaning back, finally getting the chance to relax.
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Mon 13 Aug - 2:57

I absorbed her words, thinking it over. I shrugged my shoulder, "I eat here anyways, I don't go out much.

. . . Maybe I could listen for gossip? Everyone in town has been in my shop, and come at least once a week. I could listen for certain gossip or something, see what they know, plus, my shop is fairly close to the Gate, so if anything happened down there I would know."

I didn't like the part where they were poisoning food, it made me uneasy. And the fact that the Mayor told her not to interfere, on direct orders, surprised me. Wouldn't he want his people safe from harm? Wouldn't he want them stopped in any way possible? Unless he was seeing how the people reacted, which was obvious, out in anger and violence. Though, he could be studying them for some reason . . .

Or letting them in on purpose. I moved around in my chair, unease making my shoulders tense, I voiced my thoughts to the Guard, wondering what she would think of them, it sounded crazy to me, and I hoped she would discard them as unlikely, though I couldn't put my finger on it, it sounded right to my ears, like I assumed something and couldn't quite connect the dots.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Mon 13 Aug - 3:20

I listened carefully to what Phoebe said, and it almost felt like she was reading my mind. I nodded at every point she made.

I scrawled on the board again, handing to to her when I was done writing. 'I agree with you. There's more to this, I can feel it. I'll look into having a meeting with them later.' I was getting fidgety, it was in my bones- being unable to see the Door made me uneasy.

*insert Phoebe's response here, you can describe it in your post*

I glanced outside. I couldn't take it anymore. I wiped the board clean subconsciously, before returning my gaze to Phoebe. She said she was a night owl.. 'I'm going to inspect the door. Would you like to come with me?' I wrote, handing it to her. I stood up, waiting for a yes or no, and for the board. I planned on checking the door over, maybe she could talk to me while I did so, and perhaps checking the streets, if she still wanted to come with me.

I looked up again, my eyes coming across her snow leopard. I smiled at him, then looked back at Phoebe, my face returning to it's stone cold poker.. face.. ness..
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Mon 13 Aug - 3:27

"I'm glad we came to the same conclusion, though I wish it were different than this." She looked towards the window, then back at me, cleaning the board and then writing on it again.

'I'm going to inspect the door. Would you like to come with me?' I looked up and grinned.

"Of 'course. I would love to go with you. Can't just keep me away." I winked at her, her lips lifted up just a small fraction that it was almost invisible, she looked at Sil, the smile breaking across her face before she looked back at me, becoming a clean slate, expressionless.

"Alright then, let's head out." I got up from the chair, holding a hand out to her to help her up.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Mon 13 Aug - 3:45

(Wait... Was that The Guard talking at the end, or...? O.O just need to know because when the Guard talks it's kinda, like, important-ish... Not so much because she never talks but for another reason. And she only says like 3 words xD My character is so silly lol)

We headed from the bookstore, Phoebe locked the door as we left. Or did she? I couldn't tell if she was just doing a last minute check, waving to her snow leopard, or actually locking it. Either way, we ended up at the Door in a short amount of time.

I worked my way along the bottom edge of it. As always, it blended almost seamlessly with the wall surrounding Dreamland. I ran my fingers over the crease, looking for any nicks or scratches that may have appeared since the last time I checked.

(You can have Phoebe talking to her while she does this and all.)

The Door was in perfect condition. It was good to know something was still the same.. Although it just ended up unsettling me more. There was no possible way they could've gotten in through the Door. They were either ghosts or something else.

I turned to Phoebe, but ended up bumping into her. "Ss..Sorry." I said in surprise. The words were jagged, rough. I winced, dammit, remembering just how much I needed to keep my mouth shut. I smiled weakly at her, before reaching down to retrieve my rifle, which I had placed on the ground.

I led her down the street, we were going in the general direction of her bookstore. (again, you can have her talking during this.) Whether or not she wanted to come with me down the streets or go home, I didn't know.

LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Mon 13 Aug - 4:25

(It was Phoebe talking x] )

I watched as the Guard checked out the Gate door, moving her fingers over it smoothly. I almost didn't see it, as it blended in with it's surroundings. "It doesn't appear to be tampered with, I know you're supposed to be the only one who knows the code . . . Though, maybe someone found the code. Possibly if someone wrote it down or something before you? Passed on the information on accident or purpose, someone found out, and that's how they're getting in, a little slip from opening once? Someone let them in somehow. That's probably why it doesn't look tampered with, because someone knows the code besides you and opened it?"

She seemed to be in deep thought, she turned towards me and bumped into me, "Ss . . . Sorry." Her words were fairly feminine, though rough, from not speaking much probably.

I smiled at her, "It's alright. Carry on." I gestured in the way she started heading, and she continued, grabbing her rifle from the ground.

We started heading back towards town, towards the way of my bookstore. I didn't really care if we went back there or somewhere else, we lapped into a comfortable silence, it was companionable. I didn't mind just walking with her, I've lived in silence through a lot of my life with Silver.
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Mon 13 Aug - 4:38

(ok Very Happy Sorry my suspiciousness kicked in again xD)

When she mentioned the door code, I almost froze- almost. It reminded me of when I wrote the code on my hand. But I memorized it that night, and wore gloves over it, even when I slept. It would be impossible. I knew it couldn't have been stolen, but still, it sent shivers down my spine.

It was unlikely though. If you wanted to open the Door, not only did you have to know the passcode, there was some other form of whatever to confirm it was a Guard. Nobody knew what it was, it was lost a few years after the founding of Dreamland. Something though.. I considered it. What could it possibly be? There was some dark reason behind protecting the Door so strongly. Something about an outside world of some sort. Made me shudder again.

We walked up and down the streets, until the sound of our shoes/boots/footwear hitting the ground matched. It was the only noise in town, everyone was asleep at this hour, and if they weren't- it was quiet anyway.

We passed the local butcher shop, and I recalled the poisoning story. I tapped Phoebe lightly on the shoulder, and she turned to face me. Was I going to say something? Yes. Yes I was. I had to get over it, say this one thing-I couldn't motion it or write on a board right now. It would be smooth sailing afterward.

"How's.. Life..?" I asked tentatively, cringing as I spoke, stopping for a second. I smiled at her, our matching walk destroyed.
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Mon 13 Aug - 4:49

I was surprised she spoke to me, surprised she uttered words, I've heard she's only spoken once or twice, and usually only a few words at a time over important matters.

I grinned, "You know, it's life. Besides everything else, I love it . . . " I trailed off, biting my lower lip.

I was used to being alone, though I missed talking to people, I missed the casual conversations besides the ones with customers, I missed being with people, laughing and having fun with people. Now, they all shunned me with pity, afraid that something might happen to them because nothing bad ever happened to people, like car accidents. Anything was possible here, so I was sort of avoided like I had some kind of plague.

I sighed, looking away from the Guard, massaging the back of my neck. "How about you? How's life?"
    Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Post by Tsume Mon 13 Aug - 5:00

I sighed, thinking of the shortest possible answer. I thought of a few. Good. Boring. Long. I settled on a different word.

"Interesting." I said simply, it was becoming easier to talk without falling over. I wondered if I would ever answer that question, the why-don't-you-talk one. Even though I had never really talked to Phoebe, I feel like she might be the only person I could ever tell the truth.

Of course, I had already anticipated any response that might arise, and every conversation would always end up in the same place. I smiled as we passed the bakery, the warm smells still lingered.

I watched Phoebe, the way she walked easily and smoothly, her feminine qualities. It was almost a polar opposite from my harsh marching. She was watching me, perhaps waiting for more. I wasn't going to continue to talk, going into an all out conversation would be absurd- at least, for me.

I made a clawing motion with my hand, like a cat, and pointed at her. I almost giggled from how stupid I probably looked, but I held it back. I shrugged, softly saying, "Name?"
    LikeAB0SS
    LikeAB0SS
    Dispersal Wolf

Post by LikeAB0SS Mon 13 Aug - 5:39

I was puzzled for a moment, and then I understood by the cat motion, "His name is Silver, after the color of his eyes. I like to call him Sil. He's stingy and arrogant, very protective, but he's my little fuzzball. I found him when he was such a small kitten on the top of the roof. I know, insane, though I've raised him ever since."

I smiled at the memory of finding him up there, freaking out that a snow leopard was on my roof. Grandma had taken him and given him to me when she finally got him down from the roof. Explaining he was just lost and needed direction.

I looked over to her, grinning, "He likes watching you, you know. He purrs loudly when he sees you, and he looks at you all playful. It's quite hilarious, actually." I giggled, remembering the look he had on his face when she walked in tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content